MySQL failover (slightly different discussion)

Subject: MySQL failover (slightly different discussion)
From: mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 02:21:39 -0800
I think I've discussed this before.

My assumption here is that I can setup two MySQL servers in a
master/slave circle (on server A, server A is set as master, server B
is set as slave. on server B, server B is set as master, server A is
set as slave) - which means they will replicate to each other. I just
have to make sure that they are never both in use.

I was going to try to sketch this out, but this basically explains it,
from a topology angle:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/svg/hc-ha-lb-eg.png

The question I have, is how easy is it to setup LVS with not
load-balancing in mind, but just failover? i.e. I want to have them
both configured to be able to use the same VIP, so the clients won't
know any different; I just have to make sure that the interface is
disabled somehow on one always.

It appears someone may have already done some initial LVS work (well,
IP takeover and such) with MySQL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-ha/

However, it's still considered alpha. Has anyone else done this or
have any ideas?

thanks,
mike