Re: MySQL failover (slightly different discussion)

Subject: Re: MySQL failover (slightly different discussion)
From: mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:13:46 -0800
On 11/4/05, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> forget about LVS then. You need failover.

well i need some of the basic things that are setup in LVS like IP
takeover and/or a single VIP, just no traffic being pushed to both
servers.

> grub is alpha too. I wouldn't be put off by this - one
> person's alpha is another person's perfection. See if it
> works.

yes, i understand that. :) it looks like just some glorified shell
scripts though... which might be the best there is currently. (i would
think setting it up just like a loadbalanced service, and just downing
it on purpose - perhaps something as simple as firewalling the mysql
port from being monitored, then on failover it disables the firewalled
port) would be a lot cleaner/easier.