Re: MySQL failover (slightly different discussion)

Subject: Re: MySQL failover (slightly different discussion)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 06:13:19 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, mike wrote:

The question I have, is how easy is it to setup LVS with not
load-balancing in mind, but just failover?

forget about LVS then. You need failover.

It appears someone may have already done some initial LVS work (well,
IP takeover and such) with MySQL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-ha/

However, it's still considered alpha.

grub is alpha too. I wouldn't be put off by this - one person's alpha is another person's perfection. See if it works.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!