Re: ipvs and cluster firewall

Subject: Re: ipvs and cluster firewall
From: octane indice <octane@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:08:36 +0200
En réponse à Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> :
> > yes but in the first place, I will not use virtual server
>
> > Then, If that works, I want to add a DMZ
> > To become a thing like that:
> >        .----FW backup---.
> >       /        | \       \
> > INET---         |  |       +---LAN
> >       \        |  |      /
> >        `----FW master---'
> >                 \ |
> >                  \|
> >                   \
> >                   DMZ
> >
> > On the firewall(s), VIP of the services. Real
> > servers in the DMZ.
>
> so you want a firewall/director with failover using

I first want a firewall with failover. _Then_ if it works,
I would add director on top of it.

> carp/pfsync for the firewall functions and the server state
> sync demon for ipvs services. But didn't you say that pfsync
> isn't available for linux?

I want to use it under linux. So the carp/pfsync solution
is not available..

The question is: the sync daemon is helpful with me
to synchronize firewalls state or not?

> Running a firewall on the
> director with failover is a fairly normal operation now. It
> doesn't use carp/pfsync.

but when the masters fails every connection tracked
by the firewall are lost. I want to avoid that.

> Joe

Thanks for trying help me, I apologize for my bad
english.