couple questions...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: couple questions...
From: "Ricardo Kleemann" <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:57:02 -0700
Hi,

I was wondering if LVS can be useful for the following scenario:

I have 2 replicated database servers, for load balancing as well as high
availability. And I have 2 other servers that run various applications that
connect to the databases.

Instead of having a stand-alone LVS server, I thought about having the load
balancer run on each of the 2 servers. So in other words, each server has its
own lvs that connects to the 2 databases and then load balances the connections
from that particular server between the 2 database servers.

Is there anything that would prevent me from doing that? Would it work as
desired?

Thanks
Ricardo