Re: couple questions...

Subject: Re: couple questions...
From: "Ricardo Kleemann" <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:06:51 -0700

Let me try to picture it...

I'm horrible with ascii art... :-(

I guess we can look at it as a mini cluster with 4 servers. Servers A and B are application servers. Servers X and Y are database servers.

                (LVS)

              --------
             X ---- Y
              --------

               (LVS)

X and Y are redundant, replicated database servers. Both A and B would have their database connections load-balanced between X and Y.

So I was wondering if simply running LVS on BOTH server A and B, in order to achieve the load balancing, is feasible.

In this case, the LVS is really directing local connections (on A or B) to the X/Y servers. It is not directing external connections from the internet.

Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 9:41 AM