Re: SSL with LVS

Subject: Re: SSL with LVS
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Chris Holloway wrote:

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Chris Holloway wrote:
If I do telnet 10.0.4.1 446 from the gateway I get the homepage, but if I try to connect from the outside world to www.thumbtechs.com:8080 I cannot make a connection.
"cannot make a connection" is not defined. Please read the HOWTO about making clear posts.

If I type telnet www.thumbtechs.com 8080 or 207.7.248.20 8080, I get cannot connect to host, connect failed.

I don't know the error message "cannot connect to host" I can't find it for linux in google. What do these error messages indicate?

On linux with telnet I get errors like "no route to host", "connection refused".

dennis:~# telnet localhost 77
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

dennis:~# telnet 192.168.1.50
Trying 192.168.1.50...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.50: No route to host

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!