Re: SSL with LVS

Subject: Re: SSL with LVS
From: Chris Holloway <chrisholloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:41:23 -0500
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
   On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Chris Holloway wrote:
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Chris Holloway wrote:
If I do telnet 10.0.4.1 446 from the gateway I get the homepage, but if I try to connect from the outside world to www.thumbtechs.com:8080 I cannot make a connection.
"cannot make a connection" is not defined. Please read the HOWTO about making clear posts.
If I type telnet www.thumbtechs.com 8080 or 207.7.248.20 8080, I get cannot connect to host, connect failed.

I don't know the error message "cannot connect to host" I can't find it for linux in google. What do these error messages indicate?

My workstation at the office here is Windows. I tried telnet 207.7.248.20 8080 and telnet www.thumbtechs.com 8080 on a linux box here this morning. It just says trying to connect to 207.7.248.20...

The point is this: I need to get https working with the virtual server. I've added in what i think is the correct setup in ldirectord.conf, although I am not sure. It seems like I am obviously missing something. That is why I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction as what I'm doing wrong. Is there anything special required for https to work? Is my configuration correct? What are the common problems? That type of troubleshooting is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Chris