Re: Lost packets and dead/warntime

Subject: Re: Lost packets and dead/warntime
From: Michael Gale <michael.gale@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:38:58 -0600
Hello,

        What nics are you using ?

Packet loss can some times be traced down to the type of network cards you are using. Server class network cards usually have larger buffers and therefor can handle more traffic.

Are you using a server class card or a desktop adapter ?

Michael

Sebastian Vieira wrote:
Hi,

I'm moving 2 LVS's from VMWare to physical boxes, but strangely enough i get
better performance with failovers on vmware, than i get on the physical
machines. They are now setup with 3 nics; eth0 and eth1 are bonded (trés
cool) and are used for all the client/server connections, and eth2 is used
for the heartbeat and sync daemons. Kernel used is 2.6.16 (gentoo-r9).

On vmware i rarely had lost packets, but on the physical boxes i get about
3-5 lost packets each 24h. My settings from ha.cf:

keepalive 50ms
deadtime 3
warntime 1
initdead 120

That's one thing. The other is when i used to do a failover on vmware almost
all connections were transferred, and now less than 10%  :|

Anyone with a tip?

Sebastian