Re: understanding lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: understanding lvs
From: webbezcom <spirits_747@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:20:42 -0700 (PDT)
I know you don't need a license to run LVS but I mean control panel as in
Cpanel the hosting control. Normally you would have a cpanel control panel
license for per server basis for end users to use but on a server cluster
would each real server require a license. Since you license it to one ip
would one license function on the whole cluster?

I only want to balancing two servers currently since i don't require more.

The reason i ask if third layer topology because i don't understand how two
real servers can have the same information on them, using rysnc would hardly
be fast enough since many of my sites have dynamic content. Obviously having
a central storage server means content is readily available.