Re: Supersparrow or something else?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Supersparrow or something else?
From: Stefan Schmidt <zaphodb--lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:05:42 +0200
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 05:10:38PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > Horms is using it himself in the original version. He released the code for
> > anyone to play with. There are no plans for it to be updated.
>
> To clarify stlight, I'm very interested in doing more work in this area,
> but I'm very distracted by other things.

I remember seeing a RIPE presentation [1] on that topic but it seems the
projects website [2] has already vanished from the net. If i remember
correctly part of it was a patch for djb's tinydns server.
The presentation mentions supersparrow btw. *cough*

As far as geographic loadbalancing via DNS [3][4] goes: Wikipedia is using the
geo backend for PowerDNS [5] and seems happy with it. [6]

[1]
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-41/presentations/routing-opperman/index.html
[2] http://www.bgpdns.org/ - offline
[3] http://www.micro-gravity.com/wiki/index.php?page=GeoDns
[4] http://wiki.blitzed.org/DNS_balancing
[5] http://doc.powerdns.com/
[6] http://www.nedworks.org/~mark/presentations/hd2006/

        Stefan

PS: yeah, just throwing some URLs here. ;-)
--
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't
previously aware of."