Re: Localnode Connection Sync problem.

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Localnode Connection Sync problem.
From: Sal Tepedino <stepedino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 12:27:06 -0400
On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 19:10 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> The only reason that LVSSyncDaemonSwap exists is to cope with
> old (<=2.4.26) kernels that could only run the backup or master deamon,
> not both. If you have a newer kernel, just run both daemons on boot.

So, what's the proper way to start the sync daemon on 26 kernels?
I assume a:
ipvsadm --start-daemon master
ipvsadm --start-daemon backup
on boot. I put it in rc.local. Is there a 'right' way to do it?

> Incidently, the sync deamon doesn't have a way to flush connections,
> so I recommend setting autofailback to off.

The kernel based one? Why would it need to flush connections instead of
just letting them timeout?

And do you have any ideas as to why my failover is not happening
properly?

--
Sal Tepedino <stepedino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>