Re: Verifying ldirectord

Subject: Re: Verifying ldirectord
From: Guy Waugh <gwaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:25:30 +1000
Hi Dan,

It's Monday morning where I am and I'm currently caffeine-deficient, so maybe I've got this the wrong way around, but...

From your ldirectord.cf file, you seem to be defining two virtual addresses (63.247.194.221 and 63.247.194.222) and redirecting port 80 requests on those addresses to one realserver (63.247.194.210). Is this what you mean to be doing?

Also, if these addresses all have a 24-bit netmask (i.e. 255.255.255.0), then they are all in the same network segment... should you not then have the option 'gate' on the realserver line instead of 'masq'? That is, should you not use LVS-DR instead of LVS-NAT? I haven't kept up with the LVS-HOWTO lately, so maybe you can use LVS-NAT like this... ignore me if so.

When you start ldirectord, is there *anything* in the logfile? It may be worth uncommenting the '#logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"' line in your config file so that ldirectord logs all its stuff in one file (unless you've already set this up in your syslog.conf).

Cheers,
Guy.

Dan Baughman wrote:
I have a fairfly simple lvs conf. One linux LB, two 2k3 real servers. Works
great.  Now I want to enable teh fail over.

Did a little homework, was intimidated by the length of the keepalived conf
files, so went with ldirectord.  Came up with this as a cf file.
I run ldirectord start, and the log file doesn't get any entries indicating
a successful start, and I dont see any thing indicating the testing is
actually taking place. Other than simulating a fail on a server, how can I verifty the ldirector is monitoring? If i throw bogus arguments at it, it does generate error messages in the log file, so I think i'm looking at the
right file.  Anyone already have this figured out?

# Global Directives
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
#fallback=127.0.0.1:80