Re: [lvs-users] Some users slow loading..

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Some users slow loading..
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:31:06 +0100
On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 09:17 -0600, Dan Baughman wrote:
> Just to follow up on this, the packet loss appeared to be an unrelated
> issue.  If I connect directly to a realserver, the page loads fairly fast.
> If I connect through the loadbalancer ( and get the same real server) I see
> a lot of tcp retranmissions and such (as sniffed from the real server). I
> can't figure it out.  The delays appear to be from the RTO (retrans
> timeout). I saw a patch from miccy soft about the mtu discovery and have
> installed, I also tried disabling mtu discovery.
>
> Is lvs-nat "more compatible"?

With what? :)

Anyway: you have *something* wrong with your topology or infrastructure
somewhere, clearly. I'd put my money on it being at layer 2 - a duff
cable, bad switch port, bad cable run (adjacent to power), wrong type of
cable (Cat5e where Cat6 should be, for example) and that you remove the
problem by going direct.

Is (Are) your director(s) [a] physically separate machine(s) from the
realservers?

Remind me again - this is DR, isn't it?

Graeme