[lvs-users] lvs-nat: is it possible to have lvs-nat and lvs-tun with 1 g

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] lvs-nat: is it possible to have lvs-nat and lvs-tun with 1 geographically located web server?
From: "William Ottley" <williamottley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:29:00 -0500
I hope I explain this properly. i have a test enviornment, where the
lvs setup is lvs-nat.
I would like to know if its possible, to have a geographically located
webserver added to the VIP? My understanding, is that the Real Server
has to see the CIP, correct? if this is correct, then the only way is
for it to be lvs-tun?

lvs-nat

CIP: 192.168.2.10 -> crossover cable 192.168.2.1 (lvs public IP)
2 nics:
VIP: 192.168.2.100
Internal IP: 192.168.0.200/gw: 192.168.2.1
nat: 192.168.0.254

webserver1:
IP 192.168.0.210/gw: 192.168.0.254

now webserver1 can see VIP/CIP, and the client can access the page.
The REAL internet is connected via a linksys at: 192.168.0.1

so there is no real way for the Rs to see the CIP. unless there's a tunnel?

Thanks.

William

--
Morpheus: After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill