Re: [lvs-users] Load balancing outgoing traffic

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Load balancing outgoing traffic
From: Janusz Krzysztofik <jkrzyszt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:17:44 +0100
Greg napisał(a):

> I have to setup a linux server to load balance outgoing sources IPs :
>
> server ----\                                     / 1.1.2.2 \
> 10.0.0.10   \                                   /  1.1.2.3  \
>             >-- [ 10.0.0.1 --> LVS --> SNAT ] <   1.1.2.4   > Internet
>            /                                   \  1.1.2.5  /
> server ----/                                     \ 1.1.2.6 /
> 10.0.0.11
>
> I have googled some keywords like multipaths routing, and found that
> openbsd is doing this natively with pf... iptables is able to do that
> but on only one IP, and without round-robin VIPs ...
>
> How to do that with LVS / iptables ?

Greg,

I am not sure what you are going to achieve by using several different
public source IP address, but maybe I have a solution for you.

I use LVS-DR + SNAT for load balancing IP traffic over several DSL
lines, each requiring its own SNAT-ed source IP. From the LVS point of
view, each DSL router acts as a real server.

To be able to SNAT LVS traffic, I have created a patch, you can read
more about this here:
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.non-modified_realservers.html#F5_snat

Janusz