Re: [lvs-users] LVS 101

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS 101
From: Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:58:44 -0500
1) same as already mentioned.  We run it in an already established network and
definitely behind a separate hardware firewall

2)mini-howto is a prereq before asking for specific help.  From what I have
encountered, using piranha is only good if you have redhat support.  The
sentiment seems to be they made it without much interaction with the lvs
creators and its very very limited support here.  For me, the best was
ha+ldirectord.

3)IMO, I believe the point of having multiple web servers (for example) is for
failover and remove the single point of failure.  So why would you want to
introduce a single point of  failure and only have one director/load balancer?
I always have 2, either both physical or 1 physical and 1 virtual, but always 2
in active/inactive.

4)I personally haven't dealt with balancing web+mysql so don't know.  But I am
dying to try something with drbd and mysql seems like it would be a good
candidate
http://marksitblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/mysql-5-high-availability-with-drbd-8.html
 and then like already mentioned, sync your session states.