Re: [lvs-users] LVS Logging?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS Logging?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Michael Nguyen wrote:

> 1) If I leave the virtual alone for a while and come back
> and try to make a connection, the connection times out.
> If I keep trying, then eventually a connection will be
> made and connections will be made successfully from that
> point forward.

what does `ipsvadm` show when it's hung.

> If no further connections are made to the virtual for a
> while (maybe 30-60 minutes?) then it happens again.

have you handled the tcpip timeouts? People fall over these
all the time and I can't see any good reason for them.
(Graeme did come up with a valid counter example, but I've
forgotten what it was.) Horms has said that he'd extend the
timeouts to some really long time, but I don't know if this
has been done.

> 2) Which brings me to my second problem...  Where are the
> logs for LVS?

lvs is kernel code. You don't really want it logging.
However you can turn on debugging and that will give you
more info than ever you'd want.