Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT only works when tcpdump runs on director

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT only works when tcpdump runs on director
From: svensven <svensven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:19:56 +0200
On 2010-04-08 18:54, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
> I've noticed that if I run a tcpdump, for instance
>       tcpdump -i any -ln host 192.168.0.50
> on the director, wget just works, [...]

You'll find that this is due to tcpdump putting the interface in
promiscuous mode. The same effect can be achieved with either of

   ip link set dev <dev> promisc on
   ifconfig <dev> promisc

I don't know OpenVZ, but is definitely related to how the packet
forwarding is done there. I would also recommend trying to get DR to
work properly.

Sven