LVS
lvs-devel

[lvs-devel] IPVS build fails without CONFIG_PROC_FS

Subject: [lvs-devel] IPVS build fails without CONFIG_PROC_FS
From: rumen at voicecho.com (Rumen Bogdanovski)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:01:32 +0200
Hi all,
As we have talked earlier, I am spending some of my time to implement
better handling of the received connections. So first is to use
IP_VS_CONN_SYNC, And the second is to introduce
ip_vs_dest_entry->syncconns and ip_vs_dest->syncconns.

However the first one is quite easy to do. I did it already,
and /proc/net/ip_vs_conn_sync shows if the connection is LOCAL or SYNC.

The problem comes when we separate syncconns from inactconns. for
several reasons:

1. We should add syncconns to the schedulers. So How they should be
threated? As active? Or inactive? Or sonewhere in between?

In some schedulers they are used this way:
Active*50 + Inactive

in other:
Active*256 + Inactive

etc... but I think the syncconns are most likely to be active.
So my question is: How to change task schedulers in order to take in to
account syncconns?

2. The problem with user land tools like ipvsadm. If we change
ip_vs_dest_entry this will render it not working well at least without
rebuilding it (or maybe not?)