LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Adding SNAT support to LVS/NAT

To: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adding SNAT support to LVS/NAT
Cc: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julius Volz <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Siim Põder <siim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jason Stubbs <j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:04:06 +0900
On Tuesday 16 September 2008 10:54:04 Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, I'm currently using DNAT alongside LVS-NAT
> > for certain connections. It only serves a secondary purpose and
> > there are other ways (although not as simple) to achieve the
> > purpose, but it has proven useful.
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble fitting DNAT into the OUTPUT of
> a director (at least on the OUTPUT of the inside nic). What
> are you doing this for?

Hmm.. with LVS-NAT happening in OUTPUT, it may not be possible - or at
least not useful. I'm using DNAT before LVS-NAT to redirect the VIP to
a different internal IP for certain source addresses. If LVS-NAT
happens before DNAT, DNAT could only be used with RIPs which I can't
imagine to be useful at all...

--
Jason Stubbs <j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
LINKTHINK INC.