LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Adding SNAT support to LVS/NAT

To: "Joseph Mack NA3T" <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adding SNAT support to LVS/NAT
Cc: "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Siim Põder" <siim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Vince Busam" <vbusam@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Julius Volz" <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:38:31 +0200
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Julius Volz wrote:
>
>> Amazingly, the first SYN and the SYN/ACK of a TCP connection to the
>> VIP:vport do not traverse the NAT chain in POSTROUTING at all
>
> :-(
>
>> (verified by LOG target),
>
> you didn't see the packets in the logs?

Exactly. No matter what I do, only the ACK in response to the SYN/ACK
appears in the logs. With SNAT without IPVS, the SYN packet correctly
enters the chain/table.

I haven't found anything in the IPVS or Netfilter code yet that could
cause this problem...

Julius

--
Julius Volz - Corporate Operations - SysOps

Google Switzerland GmbH - Identification No.: CH-020.4.028.116-1