LVS
lvs-devel

Should we move IPVS out of net/ipv4 now?

To: "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Should we move IPVS out of net/ipv4 now?
From: "Julius Volz" <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:00:11 +0200
Hi,

Since IPVS now does partial IPv6, should we finally move it from
"net/ipv4/ipvs" to "net" or to "net/netfilter"? I posted that patch a
long time ago, but that was before any of the actual v6 features, so
there was probably no interest.

Also, the tunables in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/... apply to both v4 and
v6. Should we just duplicate them into /proc/sys/net/ipv6/vs? Or will
people be confused that setting a value in one directory changes the
value in the other and affects both IP versions?

Julius

--
Julius Volz - Corporate Operations - SysOps

Google Switzerland GmbH - Identification No.: CH-020.4.028.116-1