Re: load balancing the load balancer.

To: Robert Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: load balancing the load balancer.
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: klynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 02:44:39 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the info Robert..

That's nice to hear as I've been spending time coming up with a way to do
distributed balancing of all the vs servers.

So.. one question.. how did you test?

I'm curious because from what I understand a cisco localdirector is very
speedy at only one connection but when you have several hundred/thousands
of connections going at the same time it slows down significantly.

(To the order of only handling 10mbit reliably from what I understand..)

I don't know if that's true yet because I haven't tested, however it would
not surprise me.

Kevin