Re: Linux Virtual Server and Microsoft SQL Server

To: psysadmin <psysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux Virtual Server and Microsoft SQL Server
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:21:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, psysadmin wrote:

> Sir,
>
> Is the Linux Virtual server capable of serving a group of Microsoft SQL
Server machines?

yes

>If it is, what mechanisms does it have for determining which SQL Server
is best able to receive a request?

1. static load balancing (machine "a" is twice as fast as machine "b")
2. connection to least connected machine (this is not neccessarily the
least busy machine, but it's not going to be too far off).

dynamic load balancing is being worked on - nothing ready yet

> Does the Linux Virtual Server allow for SSL?

no, but it's a good idea, we could put it on the todo list.
What do you want?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx