Re: Question about PPC

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question about PPC
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 19:50:40 +0200
Hi Wensong

I think I you're right, I didn't express myself in a clear way. So I try
to explain my problem from another view.

Lets say: I have 1000 http requests (A) through a firewall of a customer
(so in fact all requests have the same Source IP for Loadbalancer,
because of NAT) and then one request (B) from the Intranet and then
again 1000 Request (C) from that firewall, what does LB do?
I have three Realservers r1, r2, r3 (ppc with rr)

a) A to r1, B to r2, C to r1 (because of SourceIP) [Distribution:
2000:1:0.0000001]
b) A to r1, B to r2, C to r3 (because r3 is free)  [Distribution:
1000:1:1000]
c) A to r1, B to r2, C to r2 (due to the low load of r2) [Distribution:
1000:1000:0.000001]
c) A to r1 && r2 && r3 (depending on source port), B to r1 || r2 || r3,
C to r1 && r2 && r3

Please tell me if I'm writing off-topic or if it seems that I really
didn't understand ppc-scheduling. I would also be very happy, if someone
could draw some flowchart or a sketch of the different scheduler
working. I'd do it, if I am sure having understood the concept properly.

Thankx go out to you all, specially to Wensong.

   ratz. (Roberto Nibali)