Re: Question

Subject: Re: Question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ilan Steemers <koed@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:46:18 +0200
Hi,

How would you handle the data integrity across the servers? If mail comes in it
would have to be distributed among all the server, cause you don't know where
the user is going to pop. When a user pop's on a server, you would have to
delete those mail's on the other server as well. Load balancing works fine for
HTTP and FTP cause the data for those are pretyy static. SMTP would be fine
too, but POP? I doubt if that will work.
Oh wait, you could run those servers on a single high speed shared scsi device.
That way there's only one copy of the data. Those systems are rather expensive,
but it might work.

Regards,

Ilan Steemers