Need hints on getting LVS working.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Need hints on getting LVS working.
From: Zalman Stern <zalman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:29:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have installed the ipvs-0.9.1-2.2.12 patches against a 2.2.13pre16 SMP
kernel.  First off, is there any reason to believe this won't work? The
patches apply clean and the admin command seems to work fine and there are
no crashes.

Basically, I'm just trying to setup a simple NAT redirection. I've started
out with the following output from ipvsadm -L:
    Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
      -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
    TCP  209.249.66.134:8000 wlc
      -> 209.249.66.131:9020         Masq    1      0          0

But connections to 209.249.66.134:8000 just hang and do not work.
(Connections directly to 209.249.66.131:9020 work fine.)

Are there any ipchains or ipfwadm type commands I need to issue to get this
to work? How about kernel config options I may have messed up? I've
enclosed some relevant lines from my .config file below.

Another semi-related question: I understand that I cannot have a virtual
server address that does port remapping entirely within the local machine.
But can I set one up which redirects to one of two IP addresses both of
which are on the same machine as the virtual server (local)? I want to use
virtual server functionality to allow switching over from one pool of
server processes to another without an interruption in service to clients.

Thanks,
-Z-

#
# Networking options
#
CONFIG_PACKET=y
CONFIG_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_RTNETLINK=y
CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV=y
CONFIG_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_FILTER=y
CONFIG_UNIX=y
CONFIG_INET=y
CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y
# CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER is not set
# CONFIG_IP_PNP is not set
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV=y
# CONFIG_IP_TRANSPARENT_PROXY is not set
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y

#
# Protocol-specific masquerading support will be built as modules.
#
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_ICMP=y

#
# Protocol-specific masquerading support will be built as modules.
#
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_MOD=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUDE_IPAUTOFW=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW=y