Re: [lvs-users] Load sharing concept

To: Mihai Petre <mpetre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Load sharing concept
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Sparks <michael.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:38:50 +0000 (GMT)
> Is there a way to setup (or to install) to allow me to have  2x1.54Mb
> bandwitch by combining these 2 line into 1 big 3Mb ? How I would call

Mihai,

I think what you're after is part of the standard 2.2 Linux kernel - in
particular :
  Networking options  --->
     QoS and/or fair queueing  --->
                   < > TEQL queue
>From the help:

> Say Y here if you want to use the True Link Equalizer (TLE) packet
> scheduling algorithm for some of your network devices or as a leaf
> discipline for the CBQ scheduling algorithm. This queueing
> discipline allows the combination of several physical devices into
> one virtual device. (see the top of net/sched/sch_teql.c for
> details).

Which sounds suspiciously like what you're after. I've never done this so
I don't know how easy/whatever it is, but it certainly looks like what you
want is possible.

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195