Re: [lvs-users] Re: Request for [LVS] at start of subject for postings

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tc lewis <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Re: Request for [LVS] at start of subject for postings
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:57:25 +0800
Wensong Zhang wrote:

> Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> >
> > On 2000-01-17T12:30:08,
> >    tc lewis <tim@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >
> > > i would indeed prefer a subject prefix on this list, although it's
> > > certainly not life-threatening either way.  at least not with its current
> > > traffic volume.  =)
> >
> > Okay, added by popular demand... Don't yell at me if you hate it though ;)
> >

> Lars, I am not yelling at you, instead of asking you to remove this
> prefix. ;-)
>
> Think about that the subject of messages will be,  if there is a
> subject prefix. The subject of my reply message to this message will
> be
>   Re: [lvs-users]
> The subject of the message bounced to me from the list, (unless you do
> some smart thing there)

Well, it is my mistake. You have already done the same things. ;-) So,
the following conjesture is completely wrong.

>   [lvs-users] Re: [lvs-users]
> The subject of another reply would be,
>   [lvs-users] Re: [lvs-users] Re: [lvs-users]
> Then,
>   [lvs-users] Re: [lvs-users] Re: [lvs-users] Re: [lvs-users]
> And so on.
>
> Then, it would be not easy for us to read messages. The other
> important thing is that the subject prefix will break the list archive
>
> For people who want the prefix, please use some local filtering
> utilities, procmail is very good to do the filtering and Netscape has
> message filters too.

Well, I still suggest to use local filtering utilities. ;-) If you
subscribes many mailing lists, local filtering can keep different list
messages into different files/folders, it will be easy to read.

Thanks,

Wensong