Re: Proxy ARP and LVS

To: Ty Beede <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Proxy ARP and LVS
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:25:57 -0500 (EST)
rOn Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Ty Beede wrote:

> Has anybody had any experiance using proxy ARP

I'm using it so that my router sends the packets to the VIP on the
director and not to the VIP on the realservers. This way I don't have to
handle the arp problem

See HOWTO-2.2.13 sect  2.1.2.2.4.

 and the
LVS-NAT to do
> load distribution where the LVS

you don't say which node in the LVSis doing the arping

 arp's for the real
severs's default
> route?

I don't quite understand qhat you're saying here

  I haven't tested it but this would enable both IP's for the
> LVS to be on the same network but not on the same ethernet segment.

but I understand this. I've been trying to get this to work myself and my
last attempt failed and no one replied on the net here as to why it
failed. Sounds worth a try

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx