Re: Proxy ARP and LVS

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Proxy ARP and LVS
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ty Beede" <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:49:36 -0800

Joe wrote:

> but I understand this. I've been trying to get this to work myself and my
> last attempt failed and no one replied on the net here as to why it
> failed. Sounds worth a try

Joe, have you had any experiance using the bridging code in the linux
kernel.  The cisco local director does all of it's rewriting by acting as a
transparent learning bridge...I wonder if the same could be done using the
bridging code in the kernel?  Perhaps with some modifications?

Ty Beede
Metrolist Services, Inc.