piranha with redhat 6.2

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: piranha with redhat 6.2
From: "ian" <ian.martins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:03:27 -0400
Hi all,
        I'm trying to set up an LVS cluster of two routers and two real servers
(with apache) using the piranha package that comes with red hat 6.2 . right
now there seem to be two problems.

Although I can ping the master router's virtual public IP address from the
next box over, I can't get to the web page from lynx (or any browser). It
just times out.  But if I do a "ipvsadm -l" on the current master router, it
says that one of the real servers has an inactive connection.  Why doesn't
it connect?

The virtual public IP address that the master router opens always has a
netmask of 255.255.0.0 . Is there any way to change this? The way the test
network is set up I need the netmask to be 255.255.255.128 .

Another thing I don't understand:  Although I can't ping the virtual IP
address from farther away on the test network while it has the netmask
255.255.0.0, I'll still get an inactive connection if I try to get to it
from lynx.  I'd expected the browser to say that it is unable to reach the
location. (if I manually change it's netmask to 255.255.255.128, then I can
ping it, and again, I get an inactive connection)

If I open lynx on either of the routers, I can get to the web pages on
either of the real servers, so I assume apache is ok.

any help would be appreciated.
Ian