RE: My project - I need advices :-)

To: Clint Byrum <cbyrum@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: My project - I need advices :-)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 19:20:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Clint Byrum wrote:

> This screams for th CODA File system. the page at

I haven't tried CODA for about 3yrs now, but the few who have tried it
since say that it isn't ready for prime time. It's good demo level and
there is lots of promise. There is also the related intermezzo project.
Peter Bramm (CODA), Steven Tweedie (ext3) and a few of the other file
system people are working on something together, but I don't know what it
is and I haven't head anything for a while. There are a lot of file
systems out there hoping to cover the same ground. I don't know which one
will be first or the best yet.

No-one has come up on the mailing list and said they have a working
CODA/LVS yet.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx