Re: Piranha configuration issue? Two boxes needed to actuallystart ser

To: Ed Crotty <ecrotty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Piranha configuration issue? Two boxes needed to actuallystart services?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:08:33 -0400
Ed Crotty wrote:

> now that it works, should i get off it? :)
>
> or is it reasonable to stick with a working piranha?

Why would you ask such a question?

[Community hat off -- company hat on]

Red Hat is committed to HA Linux and LVS. We are also committed
to delivering enhanced and needed functionality to HA Linux,
and the HA work planned spans more than 6 months. I will be
able to relate some of this shortly.

[company hat off -- community hat on]

Speaking for Bryce and myself, our desire is for Linux to get
the best GPL clustering possible. I personally favor
communication over competition. If a GPL piece of software
gets released by someone else and it integrates or is superior
to parts of piranha, we'd be happy to save ourselves work and
include it or have it replace such parts. :-). This includes
deliverables from the failsafe efforts.

[both hats off]

So from a user's perspective; I would use whatever GPL software
best meets your business requirements. You'll get help for any
of it; especially if you come here to this list.

>From the developer's perspective, I hope that the various
software becomes plug-n-play compatible. This is why I think it's
important that the multiple efforts work together on common APIs.

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team