Re: DR mode and non-Linux servers

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DR mode and non-Linux servers
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:45:50 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Wayne wrote:

> Julian,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Could DR mode work without  requiring the
> real servers to have 2nd ethernet card?  My question was coming
> from watching Alteon web switch working, it seems that switch can
> dispatch the IP packets by looking and maybe faking a mac address
> on each packet.

        Yes, the real servers can work with one NIC. Also, you can try
to hide them. eth0: 192.168.0.2, dummy0: VIP, def gw=192.168.0.1
May be this is working for DR, i.e. without the need for NATing them :)
But they must talk only with VIP through the gateway. You can't
allow traffic with saddr=192.168 to pass the router.

> Best regards,
>
> Wayne

Regards

--