idle timeouts with telnet session through LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: idle timeouts with telnet session through LVS
From: Dave Tyson <Dave.Tyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:22:14 +0100 (BST)
Hi,
   I have just setup a LVS system to try and equalise the load of a group
of sun servers running Solaris 2.6. I have got LVS working fine (using
the 2.2.15 kernel and appropriate ipvs patch). I am using direct routing
with wlc and a weighting value to reflect the performance of each server.

At present I am testing and have noticed that telnet sessions established
via LVS seem to timeout after about 15 minutes idle time. This does not
occur if I connect directly to one of the servers. There seems to be no
reference to this in the various FAQ's and notes. We definately would want
to alter this timeout value to something > 8 hours to avoid flak from
users.

Anyone else seen this and found a solution ?

TIA
Dave

Computing Services Dept         Phone/Fax: 0151-794-3731/3759
The University of Liverpool     Email: dtyson@xxxxxxxxx
Chadwick Tower, Peach Street    WWW:   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~dtyson
Liverpool L69 7ZF               Public Domain O/S: www.netbsd.org