ARP problem on duumy0

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ARP problem on duumy0
From: Shawn Cannon <SCannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:12:02 -0400
Hi -

I have a red hat 6.2/linux 2.2.14 system with the dummy0 and multiple
aliased interfaces (i.e. dummy0:1, dummy0:2, etc.) configured to be hidden.
I ran the "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden" and the "echo 1 >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/dummyo/hidden" commands and at first this appeared
to hide the dummy0 interface and all of its aliased interfaces as well.
However I can now ping the dummy0 interface as well as the aliases from a
separate client machine and get a response. Doing a "more" on hidden
returned a value of one, so this interface should still be hidden I would
think. Running ifconfig -a shows the interface to be set to NOARP. Any ideas
why this interface can still respond to ARP requests? Is there a way ro
re-force the interface into a hidden state? Thanks...

Shawn Cannon
Sales Engineer
100 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA
978-250-3270 x521

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
of the original message.