Re[Newbie]: Newbie LVS - PPTP Question

To: "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <support@xxxxxxxxxxx>(Receipt Notification Requested)
Subject: Re[Newbie]: Newbie LVS - PPTP Question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Receipt Notification Requested)
From: SYLVAIN.COUTANT@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 9:03:53 +0200
> Hello. I am desiging a VPN solution for our network. We have over 200 road
> warriors that will be connecting to our corporate network via VPN. The plan
> is to have multiple Linux Boxes running Moreton Bay's PPTP server. I would
> like to have a single IP address that all the road warriors use for
> connections, and have the load shared among the linux boxes running the
> pptp. This should allow High Availability + Load balancing.
>
> First question: Can this be done? Most of the topics seem to cover web/ftp
> servers.

Yes, I'm also a newbie on this subject. But almost everything can be done with
"ipvsadm".
The lvs package includes a config script that will generate a setup
automatically. You should have a look at lvs HowTo
(www.linuxvirtualserver.org). There are 80 pages, but you just need to read
carefully the first 30 to understand what can be done and what cannot.

> Second question: Is Pirahana the package?

I don't think. Lack of docs & usefully only for web/ftp !

> I appreciate any help.

That's all I can write by now, but I'm sure other good ones will help ...

> Thanks
> Ronnie F. Moller, Jr.

Sylvain Coutant.