Re: is it possible that struct ip_vs_service *svc is not filled up?

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: is it possible that struct ip_vs_service *svc is not filled up?
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:27:18 +0200
Hi Julian,

Julian Anastasov wrote:

> > And I attached a small beautifier patch:
> >
> >    - I think the #ifdef / #endif is not needed anymore.
>
>         There is one "if", we can save CPU :)

Agreed! And what about all the other IP_VS_DBG() without
#ifdef? Did I probably miss the point of this extraordinarly
placement of CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG?

>         Hm, how can I reply to attached text. Anyway, I'll try.

Sorry, I know, it's long and messy and doesn't show very much.

>         The OOPS seems to be in this code:
>
> int ipfw_output_check(struct firewall_ops *this, int pf, struct device *dev,
>                       void *phdr, void *arg, struct sk_buff **pskb)
> {
>         /* Locally generated bogus packets by root. <SIGH>. */
>         if (((struct iphdr *)phdr)->ihl * 4 < sizeof(struct iphdr)
>             || (*pskb)->len < sizeof(struct iphdr))
>                 return FW_ACCEPT;
>         return ip_fw_check(phdr, dev->name,
>                            arg, IP_FW_OUTPUT_CHAIN, *pskb, SLOT_NUMBER(), 0);
> }
>
>         I.e. in IP_FW_OUTPUT_CHAIN which is:
>
> (ip_fw_chains->next->next)
>
>         By some reason ip_fw_chains->next==1. For now I don't have idea
> why.
>
>         Do you play any games with creating new chains, etc? If yes,
> show some names.

nope, nothing:
lb:/root # ipchains -L -n
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
lb:/root #

>         What is the binutils version? ld -v, CPU?

lb:/root # ld -v
GNU ld version 2.9.1 (with BFD 2.9.1.0.25)
lb:/root # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 5
model name      : Pentium II (Deschutes)
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 334.095
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 666.83
lb:/root #

actually it is not so important, since this is the only
director box, out of 8 which doesn't work, so it's definitely
the Hardware. I'll change it ASAP and then we see.

thanks alot and best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz