Re: is it possible that struct ip_vs_service *svc is not filled up?

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: is it possible that struct ip_vs_service *svc is not filled up?
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 02:12:12 +0200
Hi Julian,

Julian Anastasov wrote:

> > Agreed! And what about all the other IP_VS_DBG() without
> > #ifdef? Did I probably miss the point of this extraordinarly
> > placement of CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG?
>
>         :) Every IP_VS_DBG is replaced with empty string.
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG
> #define IP_VS_DBG(msg...) printk(KERN_DEBUG "IPVS: " ## msg )
> #else  /* NO DEBUGGING at ALL */
> #define IP_VS_DBG(msg...)
> #endif
>
>         Without debugging the extra code will look:
>
>         if (svc == NULL)
>
>         Looking in the LVS source I don't see other code before
> IP_VS_DBG that needs to be under #ifdef CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG. If
> you uncomment this code there will be extra "if (svc == NULL)" :)

:) I give up, you won (:

>         Or may be it is optimized from the compiler??
> > >         Do you play any games with creating new chains, etc? If yes,
> > > show some names.
> >
> > nope, nothing:
> > lb:/root # ipchains -L -n
> > Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
> > Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
> > Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
> > lb:/root #
>
>         Hm, someone is overwriting memory.

how about a broken memory that can't refresh
or has some other strange problem?

>         Are they with the same kernel+modules? Very strange oops
> to be hardware related. Could this be caused from LVS?

the kernel and modules are the same on each node. But
I can't imaging the problem resulting from LVS. Actually
it would be easy to test (same kernel without LVS) but
the oops come really unfrequently and absolutely unpre-
dictable; for my at least.

Anyway, I'll trash this machine and take an other one.
Thank you very much for trying to trace this behavior,
I always appretiate your postings!

> --
> Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
                    ^^^^^^^^^