Re: NFS Redudancy

To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NFS Redudancy
Cc: Matthew Enger <menger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ha@xxxxxx
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 13:09:17 -0700
It will not work for NFS.  NFS is working based on server
hand over an opaque packet to the client. Client since
then will communicate with the server based on that opaque
handle.  Normal NFS construct that opaque handle involves
some file system ID from that particular server, which most
likely will be different from one server to the other.