Re: It looks good, it smells good, but...

To: David Rodrigues <drodrig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: It looks good, it smells good, but...
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:57:21 -0400
David Rodrigues wrote:

> I'm probably grasping at straws, but...
> Do you think the fact that the ethernet cards are running in promiscuous
> mode would affect anything?

don't know. try turning it off

 I checked my other LVS server (working) and it
> does NOT have the ethernet cards in promiscous mode. Does anyone know how
> to shut off promiscuous mode? I'm using an onboard EtherExpress Pro 10/100
> card. The driver is in the kernel, not modular.
>
> One other thing. The director box is a Cobalt RaQ 4r.

tell us what it is. Strongarm, regular intel?
LVS works on alpha OK. Rebel.com has been running LVS
on strongarm but mostly on 2.0.x and early 2.2.x
kernels. Wensong only has intel,
so no other chips get tested until the code gets out
to users.