cluster load monitor

To: "linuxvirtualserver" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: cluster load monitor
From: "ian" <ian.martins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:48:36 -0400
Hi.

        I thought it might be useful to be able to see the current average load
on
all the machines in the lvs. So I put gkrellm on all of them, and opened
them all to one display. that was nice, but it didn't give the load average,
and it was annoying to have to do every time.
So I wrote an app that runs on all the servers and directors which keeps up
to date load average and ethernet usage data for all the boxes in the
cluster. It also tells you if apache is up on your servers.  There is also a
client applet that connects to the server app to display the data
graphically in a browser window. everything is coded in java so
unfortunately you have to install jre on all the boxes in the cluster, but
because the applet runs in a browser window you can access it anywhere
without having to install anything, but you have to have a web server
running on the servers in your cluster.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at it let me know.

Ian