RE: Tunneling NFS through SSH

To: Nathan Polonski <Nathan.Polonski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Tunneling NFS through SSH
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Nathan Polonski wrote:

> Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm running a VS-NAT configuration

Unless you're up for a lot of frustration I'd setup VS-DR first. You have
another layer of ipchains to sort out with VS-NAT. When yuou get to VS-NAT
make sure you're only revers NAT'ing the ports and IP's neccessary for the
services you're nat'ing.

You got a call on ssome high port (61xxx) which means that some call that
could be going  directly to the client is being reverse nat'ed when you
don't want it.

Make sure your ipchains rules are one for each service/IP. Don't have
blanket rules like 192.168.1.0/24 which will NAT the whole network.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx