Re: Release new code: Scheduler for distributed caching

To: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Release new code: Scheduler for distributed caching
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:46:28 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

> Why can't we come up with an API the Real Servers can use to tell the
> ldirector their load so the ldirector can update its routing table?  It

Sounds simple, yes. Write it! :-)

Writing kernel code is hard, and not many people have the experience
and the time to do a good job, even if it WAS simple.

Moreover, my scheduler was developed as the topic of my master-thesis.
So, there were also other (maybe academic/theoretic) issues, that
were considered. For example that the client doesn't have to install
some extra software (what may speed up the stuff). Another point
was, that the CACHES don't have to have extra software.

Thomas