Re: Release new code: Scheduler for distributed caching

To: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Release new code: Scheduler for distributed caching
Cc: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:41:43 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Julian Anastasov wrote:
>
> Why can't we come up with an API the Real Servers can use to tell the
> ldirector their load so the ldirector can update its routing table?  It
> doesn't sound like a very difficult problem.  Just have the real servers
> give a rating from 0 to 100 (100 being fully loaded, 0 being no load). the
> ldirector can multiply that by the weighting and figure out it's load.
> The Servers would update their load setting every x seconds.

        I propose some ideas from long time. I'm planning to add
this thing in my TODO list but I'm very busy last months. It is not a
difficult problem but needs involvement from many developers, i.e.
to make it modular and useful for many environments. At least, I already
have it implemented (for many platforms) but as part from another
product. I think, after a discussion we can select the best needed
features for such system.

> --
> Matthew S. Crocker
> Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 587-3350
> PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 587-3352
> Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>