Re: Which Hardware for Director

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Which Hardware for Director
Cc: Klaus Thiele <kth@xxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Raj Dutt <raj.l@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:55:20 -0500
I think that should be fine.

The load graph below graph is for an lvs machine that pushes ~ 1/2 Mbit of
traffic from 3 real web servers.
At this moment the machine is pushing approx 350Kbit.

This lvs server is a PIII 733 w/ 512M RAM.

  4:03am  up 2 days,  3:19,  3 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00

MemTotal:    515444 kB
MemFree:     100952 kB
MemShared:    14976 kB
Buffers:     332076 kB
Cached:        8200 kB
SwapTotal:   265032 kB
SwapFree:    265032 kB

The hardware for this particular machine is overkill, I am sure that you'll be
fine with 128MB, although if possible I'd recommend 256MB just to be safe.
Obviously, the faster the processor, the faster the packets will be forwarded.

Hope this helps.

Raj Dutt.
Voxel dot Net, Inc

GIF image