Re: Problem with RR scheduling method?

To: ja@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with RR scheduling method?
Cc: Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 00:26:28 GMT

Re: "Have you handled the ARP problem."

This is a simple two node NAT cluster. No physical connection from the Real Server to the local LAN.

The test I am using is simply to walk around to different PCs on the LAN and call up the web page in a browser. (I just tried with two Windows machines that have never had a connection to the cluster before--they both connected, one right after the other, to the same Real Server.)

The ipchains output shows one active connection (to the loopback/Director which is also an HTTP server) and two inactive connections to this Real Server.

I guess my real question is: what exactly is an inactive connection? And how can the difference in "inactive connections" between two RR scheduled nodes ever be greater than 1?

Thanks!

--K