Some doubts about LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Some doubts about LVS
From: "Teh Yong Wei" <ywteh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:44:23 +0800
I have some doubts about LVS:

1) Can LVS do any load balancing job on database server/application?
For example, someone install a database server on the director and the
real servers accesing the database on director. Is there any load
balancing?

2) Let say we got a director and a backup for the director and several
real servers. As I know that when the director is active, the backup is
inactive. Is there any way that both are active so that the backup is
not doing nothing but just listening to the heartbeat of the active
director?

3) Can somebody tells me where to look for success story about lvs or
clustering solutions?

Thank you.